This section summarizes the research supervision experiences of Dr. Sasso. He has supervised masters capstone projects, theses, and doctoral dissertations. Those submitted for publication are in bold.
Monmouth University- Completed Master’s Papers
- First-Generation Advising in Equal Opportunity Programs, Dellavella, J. (2014)
- Academic Advising in Women Populations. Epstein, B. (2014)
- Women’s Leadership Develop Programs, Merkel, K. (2015)
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville- Completed Master’s Capstones
- New Student Orientation Programming and Retention at the Community College, McLaughlin, C. (2016)
- Benefits and Feasibility of Intrusive Advising: Advisor and Faculty Perceptions. Schneider, D. (2016) (Published)
- Financial Aid Literacy and Barriers in Community College Students. Eilers, E. (2016)
- Satisfaction and Support in Community College Students. Hale, J. (2016)
- Academic Probation: Student Perceptions. Heap, R. (2016).
- Awareness and Perceptions of Bystander Intervention for Sexual Violence by Undergraduate Student Leaders. Dixon, S. (2017)
- Non-Traditional Belief Groups: Accommodation and Outreach. Arnold, M. (2017) (Published)
- “Frats R’ Tite:” Reflections from Fraternity Men on Gender and Image. Somers, R. (2017)
- Perspectives of Admissions Professionals in the Use of Holistic Admissions in Undergraduate Student Recruitment. Coleman, D. (2017)
- A Self Analysis of Foundational Professional Competencies by Community College Student Affairs Professionals. Dunn, A. (2017)
- A Qualitative Study of Diversity Initiatives within Higher Education. Acoff, F. (2017).
- Attachment Styles and Involvement in Commuter College Students. Paladini, A. (2017)
- A Qualitative Study on Male Athlete Persistence at a Small, Midwestern, Christian, Liberal Arts School. Gibson, H. (2017)
- Student Usage and Perceptions of a Recreation Center at a Midwestern State University. Rubin, J. (2017)
- Stress Management & Coping Strategies in Undergraduate Students at a Midwestern State University. Gilbert, M. (2017) (submitted for publication)
- Disability Support Service Office Directors’ Perceptions of The Role That Co-curricular Programming Plays in Supporting Students with Disabilities. Johnson, A. (2018)
- A Qualitative Study of the Experiences Navigating Mental Health and Support Services for Division I Student-Athletes at a Midwestern University. McCarthy, B. (2018) (submitted for publication)
- Perspectives on Job Satisfaction and Strategies for Improving Retention from Live-in and Live-on Full-time Residence Life Staff Members. St. Louis, C. (2018)
- Experiences and Perspectives of Nontraditional Residential Student Parent. Horne, J. (2018).
- Black and Brown: The Shades of College Access among Black Undergraduate Students. Hale, J. (2018)
- Student Engagement at a Midwestern Professional STEM Postsecondary Institution. Rogers, R. (2018).
- First-Generation Undergraduate Student Experiences. Curry, M. (2018).
- Student Perceptions of Hazing in Greek-letter Organizations. Dunning, R. (2018).
- An Examination of Academic Recovery Programs. Shemwell, T. (2018) (submitted for publication)
- Transfer Students: An Exploration of the Experiences of Undergraduate Students. Akinyi, Y. (2018)
Maryville University EdD Higher Education Dissertation Chair:
- Goederis, A. Profile Of First-Generation, Generation-Z Students Using the University Learning Outcomes Assessment at a Midwestern Public University. (2020)