Dr. Sasso has also been featured several times in public media and the press related to issues in higher education. He is willing to serve as a consultant and media reference. Please contact him.
Dr. Sasso can be a reference for the following areas:
college student personnel administration, student affairs, higher education, college alcohol use, fraternity/sorority, college student issues, men & masculinity, college access, college enrollment & retention.
He currently appears in the SIUE faculty experts guide. A list of past media appearances are below.
- Accrediting agency demands more data from University. Cavalier Daily. 25, Oct. 2012.
- Accrediting board to review UVa’s status. Daily Progress. 22, Oct. 2012
- UVa ends pledge period early, joins growing wave of change. Daily Progress. 5, April 2013.
- Two UVa fraternities lose charters in wake of hazing; one says it will appeal. Daily Press. 24, April, 2014
- U.Va. revokes ties with two fraternities. Richmond-Times Dispatch. 18 April, 2014
- Tolerance for hazing may be on the waned. Roanoke Times. 26 April, 2015.
- 2 fraternities losing charter at UVa over hazing. Bristol Herald Courier. 12 April, 2014
- UVa’s Greek organizations see uptick in recruitment in wake of controversy, revised standards. Daily Progress. 24, April, 2015.
- Alcohol hospitalizes UVa students, Greeks ban hard liquor. Daily Progress. 1 February, 2013
UVA Accreditation Challenges
UVA Board of Trustees & Accreditation Challenges
Fraternity Pledge Periods
Tau Delta Phi Enlightened Gentlemen’s Program
UVA and Fraternities Hazing
Richmond Times Dispatch & UVA Fraternity Hazing
UVA Fraternity Hazing
UVA Greek Organizations See Uptick In Recruitment In Wake of Controversy, Revised Standards2 Fraternities Losing Charters at UVa Over Hazing
UVA Fraternities Ban Liquor
Monmouth Future Scholars
Monmouth Student Paper- The Outlook
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
News and Media Publication
Makovicky, N. (Oxford University), Parkin, R. (Oxford University), & Sasso, P. A. (Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville) (2017, Septenver). Early career researchers and the job market [Audio podcast]. Oxford University. https://explorationthrougheducation.com
Sasso, P. A. (9 April, 2015). Going Greek: Does the good outweigh the bad? Universities must do more to hold Greek organizations accountable. Asssociated Press.